Our response to covid-19
March 30, 2020
Our job sites remain operational as we have been identified as an essential business within the construction category.
New Safety Program Implementations:
- All employees to complete a COVID-19 Disclosure Form, daily;
- Employees to work 2 meters from each other. Masks to be worn if proximity is required.
March 23, 2020
CanWest is carefully monitoring the changes to Alberta regulations with respect to the COVID-19 virus. Our locations are now closed to the public.
- No more than one worker in a vehicle at a time. This is includes company vehicles to jobsites as well as any carpooling;
- Strict social distancing and hygeine practices in place.
March 12, 2020
Our office locations and job sites remain operational but the health and safety of our customers and employees are our primary concern. New steps and procedures have been put in place to help stop the spread of the virus COVID-19
- All employees who are feeling unwell or who have traveled outside of Canada are asked to stay home to self-isolate for 14 days;
- All our operators and field technicians have been equipped with sanitization and safety products and are following social distancing protocols;
- Limiting access to buildings and jobsites;
- Office staff working from home;
- Social distancing and hygeine practices have been communicated;
- Our facilities have all been updated with santization stations and new cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been put in place at all CanWest locations.
If you would like to know more about the additions and changes to CanWest’s safety program due to COVID-19 please contact CanWest Safety Officer, Debra Killam directly at (403) 225-4445 ext. 233